jueves, 11 de junio de 2009

Man's search for meaning


This is the last book that I have just finished to read. It’s a book written by a psychologist that have been imprisoned in the Nazi concentration camps during the second World War in so well known places such as Auswich or Mathausen among others in the three years that lasted his imprisonment. As psychologist he writes his story not in the way that we might be used to read for those kind of experiences, but from a psychological point of view and analyzing the different stages that a prisoner goes thru during the imprisonment.


After that first par of the book that can be the easiest part to read, there are other two parts in the book in which the author explains the ne psychological current that he created that is called Logotherapy, and known as the third Viennese school after Freud and another man’s theories whose name I forgot. This two parts can be much harder to read than the first one and even boring some times to someone that is not used to read psychological technicalities, but if you are somehow interested in psychology or in Logoterapy, or just (and this is going to sound maybe too deep) in the meaning of live, it’s an effort that is worth doing it and that its not going to leave cold anyone.


Personally, I recommend this book, but just if you are in the right mind set for doing it. There are moments to make things and this book needs to be read in the right moment to provide as much knowledge as possible, if not it can be really boring and it can feel like a non sense for the reader.
So this last book there are allready 5 books that I have read during my stay in Finland. Not bad for me, having in mind that I'm not a real fan of reading, but I thing that I have taken a very good habit in Finland about reading, so I hope that can continue when I get back home.

Mikel

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario